Table of Contents
Have you ever imagined about a cereal which contains maximum Vitamins, good amount of Protein and Sugar content and enough Calories to make it a better choice for your diet. Well here it is, a healthy and delicious snack which you can eat daily to boost your metabolism, Fox Nuts!
What are Fox Nuts?
Fox Nuts are basically Seeds of Lotus (a water grown plant) mostly found in Southern Asia. In many places there are different names of these seeds. In India it is known as ‘Makhana’ or ‘Phool Makhana’, In some Asian countries like Japan it is known as ‘Gorgon Nut’.
It’s scientific name is ‘Euryale Ferox’. They basically look like Popcorn and can be stored in an air tight container for a long time. These Nuts have very high nutritional values and has various medicinal properties.
Nutritional Benefits :
100 grams of Fox Nuts contains:
- 350 Calories,
- 77 grams of Carbohydrates,
- 12 grams of Protein,
- 1 gram of Fat
- And most of all the Vitamins.They have low content of Saturated Fats and Sodium. But they have high content of Potassium, Magnesium and Ascorbic acid.
Facts about Fox Nuts!
Nutritional and Health Benefits of Foxnuts:
As an Ingredient:
- They are perfect for daily consumption, especially when they are roasted with some salt and pepper and serves best with tea or coffee.
- It is also used as an ingredient in different recipes of Indian Cuisines like Curry, Koftas, etc.
- Those can be added to daily cereal and Soups, since it has good amount of protein in it. It maintains our health and even helps in losing or gaining weight if consumed as required diet.
- Reminding of Koftas and Currys, they can also be used in some sweet dishes and even add a little taste to desserts like Sheera, Kheer, etc.
- In Italy, Fox Nuts are been used as a major ingredient in some junk foods like Tacos, it tastes delicious with the combination of Cinnamon or Oregano with Mustard sauces. Apart from nutritional benefits, it’s also a nut! Yes, it has greater amount of protein than other dry fruits like cashews, pistachios, almonds, etc. (But has sore taste).
For Health benefits:
- Fox Nuts are highly beneficial for people who suffer from Acid Reflux (Acidity). They are rich in anti-oxidants keeping the Buffer action of Stomach Stable.
- Fox nuts help in reliving pain in Joints and even Arthritis. They are often used in anti-aging pills and it also reduces whitening of Hair.
- For people having issues like Anxiety, Nervousness, Insomnia, these nuts help in controlling those as they release sugar after consumption and increases Lactose in your body.
- As it causes relaxation in acidity, it also reduces burning at several perplexes and resolves thirsts.
- These Nuts has a major role in curing of Kidney diseases and also avoids Constipation.
- They also help in controlling Blood Pressure and Diabetes, as it contains a major amount of Magnesium and Potassium.
- It is high in Ascorbic acid, it maintains the level of secreted juices in our Body and Stomach relaxing to some pains like eye soreness, headache, etc.
- It helps in getting rid of addictions like cigarettes, tobacco and even coffee.
- Due to Calcium content in Fox Nuts, they are good for teethes and bones.
- They also improve the Sperm quality and quantity in Men and even improve the fertility rates and quality of semen in a Women. But, when consumed in a little controlled manner.
- They help in preventing hypertension and leg soreness for pregnant women because they also contain Calcium and Iron in little amounts.
Other Facts About Fox Nuts:
• As it is found mainly in wet-lands, they can be used as a natural fertilizer for growing crops in some farms. It increases the fertility of soil as it contains highly phenolic and nitrogen content.
• The true method of including it in a fertilizer is extracting it from plants, then crushing it and mixing it with organic wastes and other fertilizers. By this process the mixture of organic waste becomes rich in oxygen and nitrogen.
• In India, it is served as an offering to some Gods in a way of Worship. Specifically, to Ashapura Maa (Goddess of Wishes).
So, rather than buying a packet of chips and other junk foods or getting addicted to hazardous things like cigarettes, grab a bowl of Fox Nuts because it is highly healthy and energy rich snack. Foxnut is an ideal snack for weight loss.