Table of Contents
What is Oregano Oil?
Oregano is a hardy perennial herb which can easily grow in gardens or even containers, and it is grown all over the world. Oregano comes from the mint family that is called as Lamiaceae. The plant’s Latin name is Origanum vulgar.
Oregano oil is said to be a type of essential oil which is made from the oregano plant. It is the same plant which is used to make the oregano that we use in our daily cooking. Its oil is derived from the leaves as well as flowers of such small green-leafed plants. It contains a pungent, but appetizing aroma.
Oregano oil has a history which dates back to almost 2500 years for being used as an effective home remedy. It has been used in a number of folk medicines all around the world for a long time. Once oregano oil is pressed from the wild plant, it is processed and then bottled in small bottles for sales and distribution.
Oregano Oil for Warts
One can dip a q-tip into some oregano oil and then apply it directly onto finger warts or toe warts. Oregano oil can feel a little caustic against the skin. One must not apply it on the face or on the sensitive regions of the body without diluting it along with carrier oil such as olive oil or coconut oil.
One must never apply oregano oil on the eyes, even if they are infected with warts.
Below mentioned are a few ways of applying oregano oil to a wart:
1. Direct application
You can directly apply oregano oil to your fingers or feet, or on the other tougher affected areas of your body.
First dilute the oregano oil with olive oil, coconut oil, or jojoba oil and then apply it on the face, legs, arms, or torso, as the oil may cause a burning sensation.
Use just a drop or two of the oregano oil as it might otherwise fall off and stain clothing. Dab the oregano oil with a bit of tissue, in case you have applied it in excess quantity.
You can repeat the process of applying the oil every three hours until improvements are noticed.
The oil can be applied for four to six times during the day and even after you have taken a shower or a bath or simply washed your hands.
Some individuals prefer to apply the oil, and then wrap a strip of duct tape on their fingers. This lets the oil stay in place longer and thus cure warts faster.
Wash your hands frequently when out at public places or even at work, so as to avoid catching any other skin infections, or even transmitting the wart infection to other people.
It would most likely take around a week for the wart to reduce in size and for the oregano oil to start showing its effect.
Benefits of Oregano Oil
Oregano oil even offers additional benefits to the skin. As warts are said to be a viral infection caused to the skin, it may even lead to some other annoying skin conditions, leaving the skins immune function weak.
- The compounds that are present in the oregano oil help to prevent the occurrence of any other kind of skin infections.
- Oregano oil helps to soothe other types of skin inflammations, such as psoriasis, eczema, or any other kind of allergies which can make the skin susceptible to other infections.
Risks in using Oregano Oil
For using oregano oil for the treatment of the warts virus, and to ensure that the oil will work effectively, the following precautions must be taken to avoid any risk of skin rashes or reaction.
- Use only high-quality oregano oil. One must be aware of some of the cheap knock-offs which are made from thyme or Spanish oregano, as well as cultivated oregano. Such products wont work as much as real oregano oil. Also, they have the potential risk of causing skin rashes or allergic reactions on the skin.
- One must never ingest oregano oil. It is to be used only for topical applications (on the skin).
- Oregano oil must not be used by children, pregnant ladies or nursing mothers. Some children have the habit of licking their fingers. Thus if they lick the oil, it may be dangerous.
- If someone is allergic to plants belonging to the Lamiaceae family, including mint, sage, lavender, or basil, the chances are that they may even be allergic to oregano oil.
- If an individual experiences any kind of hives, rash, or any other allergic reaction while using the oregano oil, then they must stop using it immediately and consult a doctor.
Warts : A General Diagnosis
Warts have a history dating back to 400 BC. They are considered to be extremely contagious and generally spread from places such as gyms, dance studios, gardens, etc. . There can be a number of factors, such as eczema, which can lead to the probability of getting warts.
Common warts or plantar warts may affect the hands or feet. But one needs to be careful as they can be easily transmitted to the face as well as other parts of the body. The other type of warts is, mosaic, periungual, flat, etc.
Most of the people are exposed to warts by the time they grow up to be young adults, and those having a strong immune system can easily fight off the virus that causes them.
While a single wart may heal quickly, it may make a person more susceptible to other infections. Many people suffer from the problem of recurring warts for months before they are cured completely. It is essential to treat warts as soon as they first appear, so as to ensure that they get quickly healed, and even to avoid it from spreading to the other parts of the body.
The pharmacy is full of a number of prescription treatments for the warts virus. There are even some over-the-counter remedies available. Surgery could be considered to be an option to get rid of warts when they are severe. The process is called cryotherapy.
Thus it can be seen that there are a number of benefits of using oregano oil to treat warts. Oregano oil is very affordable and relatively cheaper than those expensive prescription medications of the pharmacy. Oregano oil naturally softens and moisturizes dry and flaky skin, especially when the wart is closer to the end of its life.
Apart from treating warts, it is also a great skin conditioner that gives you flawless and smooth skin right from the first application. So what are you waiting for? Go and grab that oregano oil and start reaping its benefits.