Table of Contents
Granola is basically a mixture of all the healthy ingredients which includes rolled oats, brown sugar, coconut, raisins and nuts. It is a breakfast snack that is really helpful for you to kick start your day. It is said that breakfast must be heaviest meal in the day followed by lunch and dinner should be as light as it can. Granola fits in the category of breakfast snack and can be totally reliable when it comes to having a heavy breakfast. There are a lot of healthy granola recipes and dishes which people make at home.
7 Easy Healthy Granola Recipes You Can Make at Home-
1. Granola Bars:
First and foremost, let us begin my personal favourite Granola bars. Although, most granola recipes take time to process or come to its original taste, this recipe only takes 15 minutes of your time and gives you the best and blended taste. It is just a 5 ingredients dish to make your cooking easy.
Ingredients to be needed: (serves nearly 10 bars)
- 1 heaped cup packed dates– almost 220 grams, without the seeds
- 1/4 cup (84 g) maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup (64 g) creamy salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 cup (112 g) roasted unsalted almonds, loosely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (135 g) rolled oats (gluten-free for GF eaters)
- optional additions: chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, banana chips, vanilla, etc.
- Put the dates into a food mixer and grind it properly until fine bits remains. Note that the mixture should form a consistency of a dough. Not too thick and not too ground.
- Next, it’s time to toast the oats for the better taste instead of raw oats and keep it aside. (this is an optional step, don’t toast if you don’t like)
- Then comes the mixing of dates, oats and chopped almonds in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Now warm the honey and peanut butter in a saucepan on a low heat and pour it on the mixture of oats, dates and almonds. Mix it in a way that the dates get dispersed thoroughly.
- Now pour the whole mixture in a setting tray based with butter paper or plastic wrap so that it becomes easy to lift
- Set the mixture properly in short, flatten it with something that has flat surface like a drinking glass would work here. Press down nicely to hold the bars to stick together.
- Place the tray into the freezer for 15-20 minutes covered with parchment paper or plastic wrap
- Take it out, remove the paper and slice the bar into 10 even bars or even squares.
And voilaa! You are ready to eat all that you can. Remember it will just give you,
Saturated fat: 1g
Protein: 6g, per serving (1 out of 10)
2. Crunchy Pumpkin-Pie Granola:
Pumpkin Sauce, being a little spiced up yet gives a sweet taste, adds taste to the dish. Let’s prepare a dish which is as devouring and healthy. This dish takes total 1 hr 45 minutes to get ready- 15 minutes of preparation and 1 hour to cook.
Ingredients we need: (10 servings per recipe)
Brown sugar – 1/3 cup Apple Sauce- 2/3 cup
Pumpkin pie Spice- 1 tablespoon Honey – 1/2 cup
Sliced almonds- 1/2 cup Vanilla extract- 1 tablespoon
Chopped pecans- 1/2 cup Raisins- 1/2 cup
Rolled oats- 3.5 cups Dried cranberries- 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven on about 250 degrees F or 120 degrees C. Then, take two baking sheets and coat them with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, make a mixture of the first 5 ingredients i.e. brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, almonds, pecans, and rolled oats in one large bowl and keep it aside.
- Now combine applesauce, honey, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Now, pour the applesauce mixture into the oats mixture and stir it even until granola starts to attach in the form of clusters and spread it evenly on the baking sheets.
- Now place the trays in preheated oven and stir it after every 20 minutes until it turns light brown, for about 1 hour.
- Remove the trays from oven and let it cool down. Then sprinkle raisins and cranberries on top and lastly store it in an air tight conditioner.
- It is now ready to serve. Enjoy the snack.
Nutrition quantity per serving:
3. Dark Chocolate Granola or Granola Cookies:
This dish only takes 30 minutes time to get prepared in total- 15 minutes to cook and 15 minutes for preparation.
Ingredients you need: (8 servings per recipe)
Cooking spray Oats- 2 cups
Brown sugar- 1/2 cup Ground cinnamon- 1 teaspoon
Peanut butter- 2 tablespoon Dark Chocolate chips- 1/4 cup
Honey- 2 tablespoon Salt- 1/4 teaspoon
Butter flavoured spread- 2tablespoon Dried cranberries- 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract- 1 teaspoon Sliced almonds- 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. Spread an aluminium foil on the baking tray and spray it with cooking oil.
- Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, butter flavour spread, and vanilla extract and pour it in a small saucepan and heat it on low flame until it is mixed well. keep it aside.
- Make a mixture of oats, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and then pour the brown sugar mixture into the bowl and stir it nicely.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips, cranberries, and almonds into the mixture and spread it on the foil.
- Keep the tray in the preheated oven and let it bake until brown for about 15-20 minutes.
Starving already? Take the tray out from the oven and let it cool down and you’re ready to eat..
4. Granola Energy Bars:
Well, this dish is as it name suggests- energy contained bars. This dish is packed with all the healthy ingredients which your sure to enjoy with a slight spread of chocolate on it to boost up your energy! It takes total of 1 hour and serves 24.
Ingredients in need: (24 servings per recipe)
Quick cooking oats- 3.5 cups Ground cinnamon– 1 tablespoon
Raisins- 3/4 cup Salt- 1 teaspoon
Sunflower seeds- 2/3 cup Creamy peanut butter– 1.5 cups
Toasted sesame seeds – 1/2 cup Honey- 1 cup
Wheat germ – 1/2 cup Melted butter- 1/4 cup
Oat bran- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate chips, melted- 8 ounces
Flax seeds- 3 tablespoons
- Begin with the basic step to preheat the oven on 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place an aluminium foil in a tray.
- Make a mixture of oats, raisins, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, wheat germ, oat bran, flax seeds, cinnamon and salt into a bowl and set it aside.
- Prepare a next mixture of peanut butter, honey, and melted butter in another bowl and pour that mixture on the oats mix.
- Stir it well and spread the mix onto the baking pan and press it evenly.
- Place it in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Take it out and spread the melted dark chocolate chips and let it cool down in a refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Slice it into bars and it is ready to serve.
It consists of:
5. Honey Spiced Granola:
Ingredients in need: (12 servings per recipe)
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
1.5 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup honey
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Line a baking tray based with parchment paper.
- Now, combine the first 11 ingredients- from oats to salt, in a large bowl and make a hole in the middle of the flour mixture.
- Now take another bowl and mix applesauce, honey, egg and vanilla extract together and whisk well until combined.
- Pour the applesauce mixture into the dry mixture of oats. Stir well with two spoons till wholly gathered.
- Next, pour the mixture and press the batter onto the prepared tray.
- Lastly, bake in the preheated oven until firm for nearly 20 minutes.
- Take out the pan and let it cool down on room temperature and then slice it into 12 bars.
You are ready to gulp the sweet-in-the-start and spicy-in-the-end dish.
6. Macaroon Coconut Granola:
3 cups (320g) whole rolled oats make sure they’re gluten free if required
4 packed tbsp light-brown sugar
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp coconut oil melted
4 tbsp water
1/2 cup Chopped mixed nuts (like pecans, walnuts, and almonds)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup (65g) desiccated unsweetened coconut
3 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp gluten free plain flour or normal all-purpose flour is fine if you’re not gluten intolerant
1 egg white from a large egg
- Preheat the oven at 350 F or 180 C.
- First, let’s start with the granola. Take a large bowl and put together the oats, brown sugar, coconut oil, honey and water. Blend it well and shift it onto the large baking tray.
- Place it in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remember to check the granola on the 10th and 15th minutes to see if its not burning the sides.
- Meanwhile, its time for macaroons. Incorporate all the macaroon ingredients together and take spoon and start placing small blobs of the mixture on the baking tray based with non stick cooking spray. ( Each blob should be of nearly 1/2 a teaspoon)
- Keep space between each blob so that they dont meld together when baked.
- Place the Macaroon tray in the oven for 6-8 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Now, take out the pan of granola once bakes and sprinkle chopped nuts and put it back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, take the macaroons and granola out of the oven and let it cool down. Then mix the dried cranberries and macaroons into the granola mix.
Leave it to completely cool down then transfer everything into an air-tight jar. Note that you an eat this dish upto 2 weeks. You can now royally attack!!
7. Chai Spice Granola: (Tea Spice Granola)
Ingredients in need:
4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
1/2 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg white, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven at 290 F. Now place a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Blend oats, almonds, hazelnuts, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg and salt in a handy bowl and set it aside.
- Add coconut oil, honey and vanilla in other bowl. Pour it on the oats mixture and toss well to coat the whole mixture.
- Whisk egg white in a bowl until frothy and add it to the mixture of oats again and toss this well too to equally coat.
- Spread the mixture on the set baking sheet and spread it evenly and put it to bake for 20 minutes.
- Now use a large spatula to flip the granola so that it bakes properly. Press back to form an even layer, rotate the tray and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven off after granola is golden and leave the tray in the oven for next 10 minutes to continue drying.
- Now, take the dry granola out and break into clusters when completely cool. Transfer into an airtight container.
Remember to finish the chai-spice granola within 1 to 2 weeks.
Granola is a healthy and tasty go to snack and can be fused with any dry fruit and nuts. It adds more taste to the tongue as well your life.
Enjoy the tasty mouth watering dishes and like us if this article has helped you.