There are many people trying to search web and look for decent ways to gain weight, increase muscle mass, etc. At last, they end up messing up with some improper knowledge and information which doesn’t work out for them, as well as other people. Well, here are some Diet Plans (for Veg and Non-Veg preferences), some Tips and Healthy ways to Gain Weight.
Things to keep in Mind before starting any Meals or Diet Plans
- Whenever you are starting a new diet plan for weight gain or work out sessions, keep in mind that the goal is to increase weight not by taking junk foods, unhygienic and unhealthy meals. But, by consuming proper 3 meals per day regular routine and some workouts.
- Weight gaining totally depends upon the calories you burn per day and the calories per day you intake.
- At the end of the day, the one thing you should keep in mind is the amount of calories you intake should be more than the calories you burn throughout the day.
- For getting these things easier, try building Calorie goals or Protein goals for your everyday food intake.
- The only thing you should remember is increase your Protein goal slightly everyday so that you can easily put on weight.
[Protein you should consume, 0.79 x Body Weight (in Kgs) = Protein (in gms)]
So if your body weight is 60KG, your should have about 48gms of protein daily.
- Always prefer for Skimmed milk instead of toned milk (I’ll explain you at the end), eat a lot of fresh fruits like dragon fruit, try boiled eggs instead of fried (I know it sucks) and always keep taking dried-fruits instead of toffees throughout the day to keep your per day meal balanced.
Diet Plans for Weight Gain-
Indian Vegetarian Diet Plan for Weight Gain:
1. Breakfast: 100ml to 250ml Skimmed milk, 1-2 Bananas and with regular morning meal you take daily. This will give you a boost to your breakfast and approx. 350 calories and 10 – 12 grams of protein.
3. Lunch: 3-4 Chapattis with Regular Toor Dal/Curry, 1 Bowl any Indian Sabzi, 1 Bowl of Vegetable Salad and Rice will give you approx. 700 – 750 calories and 30 grams of protein. If you prefer a glass of Lassi or Buttermilk, it will elevate your protein intake.
4. Afternoon Snack: A Bowl of Oat-meal or 5-6 Walnuts or any Healthy snack may give you 250 – 300 calories and 10 grams of protein.
5. Supper: 1-2 Cups of Coffee/Tea with some Biscuits gives you 200 calories and very little amount of protein.
6. Dinner: 1-2 Rice Meal with Sprouts with your regular Dinner meal (as it may vary depending on your daily routine) and a small bowl of Curd will give you 600 calories and 20 – 25 grams of protein.
7. Bedtime Meal: A Milkshake with several Fruits or walnuts/almonds may give you 300 calories and 10 grams of protein.
A total of 3000 Calories and 105 grams of protein will be consumed and gives you a great daily routine of regular diet for gaining weight.
Indian Non-Vegetarian Diet Plan
1. Breakfast: 100ml to 250ml Skimmed milk, a small plate of Omelet or Fried eggs with Bread will give you approx. 400 calories and 12 grams of protein. Intake of Bananas will give you a great boost to your calorie and protein goal.
2. Mid-Day Meal: 5 to 6 Boiled Eggs with some Fruits or a glass of Juice will give you 450 calories and 15 grams of protein.
3. Lunch: 3-4 Chapattis with 1 Bowl of Chicken Curry, 1 Bowl of Vegetable Salad, a glass of Lassi/Buttermilk with some Green Grams. You’ll be consuming 700 calories and 30 grams of protein.
4. Afternoon Snack: A Bowl of Oat-meal, Roasted Peanuts with some Dried-Fruits may give you 300 calories and 12 grams of protein.
5. Supper: 1-2 Cups of Coffee/Tea with some Biscuits gives you 200 calories and very little amount of protein. You can also eat an omelet to elevate your evening supper.
6. Dinner: 1-2 Bowls of Rice with Regular Toor Dal, 1 Bowl Chicken/Fish with Red Steak, with your regular Dinner meal (as it may vary depending on your daily routine) with some Sprouts will give you 750 calories and 25 grams of protein.
7. Bedtime Meal: A Milkshake with several Fruits or walnuts/almonds may give you 250 calories and 10 grams of protein.
A total of 3050 Calories and 110 grams of protein will be consumed and gives you a great daily routine of regular diet for gaining weight.
Diet Plan to Gain weight for Busy Workers/Students
For Students, we know that you are very busy with your Studies, Tuition Classes, etc. And even some jobs require more labor and hard work. People get very less time to concentrate on their meals because they have their Schedule Packed. Well, here is another diet plan to gain weight according to your work necessities and even maintain up to a certain level.
- Breakfast: Take Large and Healthy protein rich diets, as your whole day depends on this meal.
250ml Skimmed milk/Orange Juice, 1-2 Bananas, (For non-vegetarians) 1 plate regular Omelet or 2-3 Boiled eggs. (For vegetarians) 1 Bowl Corn-Flakes or Oat-Meal. 3-4 Dried-Fruits will boost your calorie intake. So, 500 calories and 20 – 25 grams of protein you have consumed.
- Whenever you get a “Lunch Break”: 1-2 Vegetable Sandwiches, 1-2 Chapattis, 1 Bowl Sabzi/ Chicken meal with Rice. This will give you 400 – 450 calories and 20 grams of protein.
- Evening Meal: 1-2 Cups of Coffee/Tea with some Walnuts or Roasted Peanuts, Try having a large amount of Biscuits. This will give you 250 calories and 10-15 grams of protein.
- Dinner: 1-2 Bowls of Rice with Regular Toor Dal, 1 Bowl Chicken/Fish Curry or Sabzi, with your regular Dinner meal (as it may vary depending on your daily routine) with some Sprouts. Try Consuming a glass of Lassi/Buttermilk so it will boost your intake. This will give you 700 calories and 30 grams of protein.
- Bedtime Meal: A Glassful of Milk containing mashed bananas or fruits with some Dried-Fruits will give you 250 calories and 10 grams of protein.
A total of 2250 Calories and 100 grams of protein will be consumed. The Protein intake is similar as other meals so you can carry out another session and add more calorie rich food to your diet.
- In any circumstances, you must not miss any of these meals. It may lead to improper consumption, obesity or stomach ache.
- You should take atleast 7-9 full glasses of water daily.
- Skimmed Milk gives 4 times more Protein than Toned milk. Also Toned milk is fat rich and you have to concentrate on calorie intake so you may take toned milk at bedtime.
- Prefer Chicken Breasts more often because it has higher protein and calorie levels due to secreted juices.
- Try other Dals too like Masoor, Rajama, Lentils, etc.
- Always prefer some intake of Rice at Dinner.
- Try Boiled eggs with brown bread or Omelet with Orange Juice, gives you enormous amount of proteins and tastes delicious.
If you are trying to lose weight refer to Diet Plan For Weight Loss in 7 Days
If you are a vegan you can refer to Vegan Diet Plan for Weight Loss