Table of Contents
8 Delicious Vegan Dessert Recipes
1. Vegan Apple Crisp
“An apple a day, keeps doctors away” and when you have it with almonds and oats, it keeps your sweet tooth away. This is the best vegan apple crisp recipe I have found that I can ensure you will love it. The dish takes approx 1 hour to 1 hour 20 mins to get prepared. So for this dish (for 10 servings), we need:
Ingredients for FILLING:
- 8 medium-large apples
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar (or sub organic cane sugar)
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch (for thickening)
- 1/4 cup fresh apple juice (or water)
- 3/4 tsp fresh grated ginger (optional)
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
Ingredients for TOPPINGS:
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour(i.e. gluten-free flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or sub organic cane sugar)
- 1/2 cup sub organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or olive oil (or mix the two 1/2, 1/2)
- Lets start with the basic step, that is, preheating the oven at 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- Next, peel the apples and take out the cores and start slicing it thinly, lengthwise.
- Now place the sliced apples in a large mixing bowl and put all the remaining filling ingredients in the bowl and start tossing it till evenly mixed and after that place it in a large baking tray.
- Time for the topping ingredients, take everything and combine it in a bowl and mix it evenly with hands to check if there are any clumps of sugar left. Then pour it on the apple mixture and spread it evenly.
- Now place the tray in the preheated oven and bake it until the filling is bubbly for about 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove it and check for the topping should be golden brown.
- Let it rest cool for about 30 minutes before serving. TIP: It goes delicious with coconut whipped cream or Vanilla coconut ice-cream.
This dish can be kept for 3 days in refrigerator and nearly 1 month in freezer. Just reheat in the oven at 350 degrees and have it when warm.
Nutrition contained in this recipe is:
- Calories: 436
- Fat: 17.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Sodium: 49mg
- Carbohydrates: 71.8g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Sugar: 50.8g
- Protein: 4.1g
2. Raw Oreos:
Love Oreos? Ever thought of making it at home rather than going and buying them and that too within 1 hour of preparation time? Lets see on a recipe that gives you the best taste of raw Oreos with all the ingredients that are easily available. We will need (for 35 cookies):
Ingredients for the FILLING:
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- organic powdered sweetener (REMEMBER: wet sweeteners cause the mixture to seize)
Ingredients for the COOKIES:
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds or walnuts (or you can mix both)
- 6-7 whole dates (pitted // if dates are dry, soak in warm water for 10 minutes then drain)
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (for sweetening- optional)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Lets start with the mixing of coconut butter with vanilla extract and sweetener (here, maple syrup), cocoa powder and salt, mix well and keep it aside.
- Now, grind nuts finely until small bits remain then add coconut oil, dates, maple syrup, cocoa powder and salt and grind really well until incorporated. The mixture should be in a doughy texture that stays together when pressed.
- In this step, you can taste the mixture and add more taste as you need- more salt for saltiness, maple syrup for more sweetening or more cocoa powder for chocolatey flavour.
- Next you do is take a large cutting board and place a parchment paper on it and then put the dough in the centre and press with hands until it has the size of 1 inch disc. Now place one more parchment paper on it.
- Now with the help of rolling pin, roll the dough until it is 1/4 inch thick rectangle. Now remove the parchment paper from the top and take a small round cookie cutter and start cutting out as many round cookies as it can (here, approx 70 pieces would come out). Make sure the pieces are even in number.
- To transfer the cookies, use a flat spatula and place the cookies on a flat surface- like a tray or a plate. Shift the cookies in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes until its hardened.
- Now, take half the number of cookies and start pouring 1 teaspoon of coconut butter onto it. Then place it back in the freezer again for a few minutes until the butter is hardened and no longer runny.
- Now top it with next half cookies and press it lightly to adhere. You can then pour melted chocolate on it (as in the photo) for more chocolatey tooth.
- Enjoy the cookies or you can place it again in the freezer to rest. REMEMBER: cookies will start getting soft if kept under room temp for more than 30 minutes.
This dish runs for 1 week if kept in the refrigerator and last for 1 month if kept in the freezer. Also, you can make Oreo bars from the remaining dough by topping it with coconut butter and keep it to chill then cut it vertically and enjoy!!
Nutrition contained in the dish (as per 1 cookie):
- Calories: 88
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Sodium: 10mg
- Carbohydrates: 4.4g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Protein: 1.7g
3. Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Bricks:
Considering the fact that nowadays many people have gone crazy about peanut butter, we bring the easiest and only 4-ingredients dessert. It is very rare that there comes any dessert that are healthy yet tasty. This naturally sweetened dish is not only healthy but also time saving. It takes about 30 minutes to get prepared and it’s ready to go into your mouth.
Ingredients for the FUDGE (21 bricks):
- 2 cups desiccated (finely shredded) unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (best ingredients: just peanuts + salt)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3-5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional, depending on saltiness of Peanut Butter)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
Ingredients for the TOPPING (optional):
- Crushed peanuts OR
- Coconut flakes OR
- Melted chocolate
- Let’s start by lining up a 9*5 inch loaf pan based with parchment paper of its size. Place it aside.
- Now take a food processor and put shredded coconut in and grind for nearly 4 minutes on high till you see creamy butter.
- Now, in that processor, add melted coconut oil and peanut butter, blend it well. Then pour 1 tbsp maple syrup at a time until you reach the sweetness you want. Remember not to put all the syrup at a time as the batter will get thick. If it happens, add melted coconut oil to bring the batter back to normal.
- Add sea salt and vanilla extract to get the flavour on. (This is purely OPTIONAL)
- Now take the batter and pour it onto the loaf pan spreading it evenly. You can also top it with the optional toppings (here, melted chocolate has been spread).
- Let it freeze until it gets hard- for about 15 mins or so. Then take a hot knife and slice it into even bricks. It’s ready, ENJOYY!
This dessert can be enjoyed until 10 days if kept in refrigerator and 1 month in freezer. If freezes, just leave it at the room temp for 7-10 minutes to enjoy the original taste.
NUTRIENTS in this (as per 1 brick of 21):
- Calories: 164
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated fat: 9.5g
- Sodium: 58mg
- Carbohydrates: 5.2g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Protein: 3.4g
4. Tahini Chocolate Banana Soft Serve:
Banana, one of the healthy and tasty fruit of all. This dish is a 4- step dessert and the easiest to make. It takes 10 mins to prepare and 1 minute to finish.
Ingredients for the SOFT SERVE (2 servings):
- 2 cups ripe sliced frozen bananas
- 2 Tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- 1-2 ripe pitted dates (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional)
- First, blend the ripened bananas into a blender until a creamy texture soft serve isn’t formed- let’s say for about 3-5 minutes.
- Now, add tahini, cocoa powder and maple syrup in it and blend it altogether. You can also add salt or vanilla extract according to your taste. Mix well until incorporated.
- Transfer it to the serving bowls and place into the freezer to thicken up. Serve as it is or you can top it with addition tahini or melted chocolate.
- You are ready to gulp the amazing and healthy dessert you can ever come across.
This dish is best when fresh, in order to get the original taste and smell. It keeps for 1 week when kept in freezer. When needed, take it out and let it set at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes.
NUTRTIENTS in this (1 out of 2 servings):
- Calories: 265
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Sodium: 19mg
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 22.9g
- Protein: 6g
5. Oats S’mores Bars:
Not many of us are introduced with the word and the dish “S’mores”, it is a dessert that includes graham crackers, gooey marshmallows and melted chocolates. But in here, we are gonna show you a recipe which will have rolled oats and almonds in it. It is really as delicious as the graham crackers will taste.
Ingredients for the CRUST:
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 5 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw pecans (finely chopped)
Ingredients for the CHOCOLATE LAYER:
- 1 1/4 cup dairy-free dark or semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plain almond or light coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4-1 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional)
- 1 10 ounce bag gluten-free Marshmallows
Method (9 bars):
- Lets begin with preheating the oven at 350 degrees F and line up an 8*8 inch baking tray based with parchment paper on it.
- Take a blender and blend oats, almonds, sea salt and coconut sugar until bits of it remains.
- Add 5 tbsp melted Coconut oil and and pulse in it and mix well. It should form a doughy structure. The dough should stay between the fingers when pressed. Add more coconut oil if it is dry. Then add chopped pecans to make it more chunky.
- Now transfer the mixture onto the baking tray and spread it evenly. Press it highly with a flat surfaced object such as glass until it’s well packed.
- Place it in the preheated oven and bake it for 15 minutes, then increase the temperature to 375 degrees F and reheat for 5-10 minutes more until you see the edges turning golden brown. Thereafter, let it cool down slightly.
- Now, take different bowls and add chocolate in one and almond milk other. Boil the milk in oven for about 30-40 second and then pour it on the chocolate and let it rest for 5 minutes without touching so that it melts well. Then stir well to incorporate.
- Add coconut oil in it and cover it with a lid and set it aside for 10 minutes so that it can meld.
- Now use a mixer or a whisk and stir it well. If you desire a sweeter taste, add some powdered sugar and stir it again.
- Now pour the ganache on the cooled down crunchy oats mixture and spread it well and sprinkle some salt on it to add on the taste. Place the tray in the freezer until the ganache is no longer gooey and slightly firm.
- Now remove the crust out of the baking tray and shift it on the baking sheet. Remove the parchment paper to avoid burning. Then put marshmallows on top of it and place it the oven for 30-40 seconds. Keep an eye as marshmallows tend to burn easily and fast.
- Lastly, remove the sheet out and cut the crust into 9 bars to enjoy it fresh.
This dish only stays for 24 hours and is NOT freezer friendly. Store in under room temperature for not more than 24 hours. ENJOYY!
NUTRIENTS in this (1 of 9 bars):
- Calories: 439
- Fat: 26.6g
- Saturated fat: 16.2g
- Sodium: 91mg
- Carbohydrates: 48.2g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Sugar: 28.2g
- Protein: 5g
6. Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl:
This 3*3, i.e., ingredients & steps dish will leave your stomach as full as a whole meal. Be it breakfast, dessert or snack time, have it whenever and wherever you want. The easiest time saving recipe for you all. All you need is a blender, a high speed blender.
Ingredients for the SMOOTHIE:
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen banana chunks
- 1 cup milk as you like
- Pour the milk first in the blender. REMEMBER: the milk should be at the bottom first.
- Add frozen strawberries and frozen banana chunks in it.
- Lastly, blend it quite on a high speed because the smoothie is thick and will not be blended quickly. Pour it into a bowl
The smoothie is best when fresh. You can also top it up with extra strawberry and banana or your cereal snack (as the picture above). You will get super tasty and healthy smoothie that will almost taste like ice-cream. The dessert is ALL YOURS!
7. Pineapple-Strawberry Popsicles:
Popsicles made at home give a next level mouth-watering taste. This is my personal experience speaking. This 4 ingredients recipe is not only easy to make but gives a heavenly feeling when you take the first bite itself. Let’s start.
Ingredients for the POPSICLE (15 popsicles):
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries
- 10 ounces frozen pineapple
- 3 cups coconut water
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Drop all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Now pour the mixture into popsicle bags or popsicle moulds.
- If they are in bags, seal the bags and place flat in the freezer and if popsicle moulds are used, then place them into the freezer.
- Let it be until solid hard
And you are ready too bite the tasty and juicy popsicles purely made at home. Best dish for summer. It just take 10 minutes to prepare these.
8. Blueberry Coconut Panna-Cota:
Ingredients for the PANNA COTA (serves 2):
- 1 13, 6 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean (*It is hard to get vanilla beans in the market. Use 1 teaspoon vanilla extract for 1 vanilla bean)
- 1 heaped teaspoon agar powder
- 1-2 teaspoons agave (sweetener)
Ingredients for the BLUEBERRY LAYER:
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon agar powder
- Lets begin with blueberry layer. Take the blueberries together in a utensil and pour water over it and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Now take out 1/3rd of blueberry sauce aside and then add agar in the remaining sauce and again cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, take two serving glasses and pour one layer of blueberry sauce first and keep in the freezer for 2-3 minutes until firm and tight.
- Meanwhile, lets prepare the pan cotta. If you don’t have 1/2 vanilla bean use 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. But if you do, scrape out vanilla bean (amount as mentioned) and mix it together with coconut milk and agave and keep it to boil. Then drop the agar powder and stir continuously to avoid lumps. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Now take those glasses out and pour the pan cotta mixture on it and fill the glass according to you. Then again place those in the freezer for nearly 10 minutes.
- Thereafter, place the glasses in the refrigerator for next 4 hours to harden up.
- Lastly, Take it out and pour some blueberry sauce on it and top it with a few blueberries.
Woah! Can feel the taste already. This dish is expected to be cooked in about 15-17 minutes and next 4 hours to be prepared. You are then good to go!
NUTRIENTS in this dessert:
- Calories- 82
- Sodium- 2mg
- Potassium- 85mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrates- 20 g7%
- Dietary Fiber- 2g 8%
- Sugars- 14g
- Vitamin A- 1.2%
- Vitamin C- 13.1%
- Calcium- 0.7%
- Iron- 1.7%
*Nutrients in few recipes are not mentioned as we are not so sure about it.
Please try these recipes and share it with your family and friends. All the finger-licking, delicious and 100% Vegan recipes, only for you. I assure, you will not crave for sweet tooth anymore after you try out these recipes one by one at your home. You can also check out the Top Vegan Ice Cream and Sorbet Recipes.