Table of Contents
5 Delicious and Healthy Birthday Cake Recipes
Healthy Chocolate Birthday Cake
- 224g (2 cups) Coconut Flour
- 80g (1 cup) Unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder *
- 96g (½ cup) Granulated Erythritol
- 1½ tsp Double-Acting Baking Powder
- 1½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 7 large Eggs
- 6 large Egg Whites
- 308g (1¼ cups) Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- ⅓ cup Brewed Coffee (cooled to room temperature)
- 1½ tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1½ tsp Stevia Extract
- 1⅔ cups Light Coconut Milk (canned)
- 2 tsp Stevia Extract
- 2 tsp Natural Butter Flavor
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 210g (10 scoops) Protein Powder
- 8 oz No-Sugar-Added Dark Chocolate (divided)
- 2 tbs Full Fat Coconut Milk (canned)
For the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You will need to spray two 9 inch cake pans with cooking spray and line with parchment paper circles. This will ensure that the cake comes out easily.
- Coconut flour, cocoa powder, erythritol, baking powder, baking soda, and salt need to be whisked together in a bowl.
- The wet ingredients – eggs, egg whites, applesauce, almond milk, coffee, vanilla extract, and stevia extract will need to be whisked together in a separate bowl.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. The batter should be whisked vigorously to ensure that there are no clumps.
- The batter should be poured into pre-lined cake pans and baked for about 50 minutes.
For the Frosting:
- Coconut milk, stevia extract, butter flavor, and vanilla paste need to be whisked together in a stand mixer.
- Once the above mixture is ready, the protein powder needs to be added and the mixer should be on low speed. The speed of the mixture should be gradually increased to high.
- The above mixture can be used to frost the cakes.
For the Garnish:
- Microwave the chocolate at 30 second intervals, stirring between each one, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the coconut milk to the melted chocolate.
- Pour the mixture over the cake and spread it out evenly.
2. Vegan Carrot Cake with Coconut Cream Frosting
- 2 tablespoons flaxmeal
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flou
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup avocado oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Coconut cream frosting:
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toasted chopped pecans (optional)
- You would need to preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Flaxmeal and water need to be combined with water in a small bowl. Separately, the dry ingredients such as flour, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, baking powder, baking soda and salt need to be whisked together in a large bowl. Next, you need to add carrots, pineapple and brown sugar and stir this completely until the carrots and pineapple are completely coated. with the dry ingredient.
- Now the wet ingredients will have to be mixed together – oil, vinegar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Next fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir until just combined. This will give you a very thick batter which can be divided between two cake pans.
- Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean for about 40 minutes.
- To prepare the frosting: Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla to the coconut cream. Use an electric beater to beat the mixture until soft peaks are formed. You will need to refrigerate until the frosting is spreadable
This will be a delight for people looking for vegan desserts.
3. Flourless chocolate cake
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter, or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup honey
Preheat the oven to 375F and prepare the cake pans.
Start by melting the chocolate and butter together. Keep stirring the mixture until completely smooth.
Next up, combine the melted chocolate and butter mixture with the cocoa powder, honey, and eggs. Whisk the mixture well until a smooth batter forms.
Pour the batter into the greased pan, and smooth the top with a spatula.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve when the cake is cool.
4. Skinny Lime Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 10 oz diet lemon-lime soda
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (.3-oz) sugar-free lime Jell-o
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 (1-oz) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- Half a container of whipped cream
- Follow the pre-heating instructions on the box and prepare the cake pans.
- In a bowl, whisk the cake mix, diet soda and egg whites for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into prepared pan. A toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake will come out clean when it is finished. Let the cake cool. Use a fork to poke large holes into cake.
- Separately, combine Jell-o and boiling water. Stir for 2 minutes until the Jell-O is completely dissolved. Add in cold water. Pour over the cake. Refrigerate until cooled completely.
- Combine the vanilla pudding and 1-1/2 cups cold milk. Mix this together until the mixture is thickened. Fold in the desired amount of whipped cream. Spread the mixture over the cooled cake.
5. Greek Yogurt Chocolate Cake
- 1/4 plus 1/8 cup dark cocoa powder (Dutch-process)
- 1/4 plus 1/8 cup hot water
- 1-1/2 cups wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 plus 1/8 cup natural sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup regular peanut or almond butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare the cake pans for baking.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients such as flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- Whisk together the cocoa powder and hot water in a small bowl separately.
- Now mix the oil and sugar, eggs, vanilla mixture and cocoa mixture.
- Fold half of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Once this is well combined, add half the Greek yogurt. Add the other half of the flour, followed by other half of the yogurt. Mix all of this until it is well combined.
- Pour the batter into your cake pan and spread evenly.
- This needs to be baked for at least 30 minutes. Insert a tooth pick and it should come out clean when inserted in the middle of the laptop.
- For frosting: Make sure that the cake is completely cool before it is frosted. To prepare the frosting, whisk the yogurt, almond butter and vanilla until all ingredients are well incorporated. Add the powdered sugar – don’t add more than 1/4 cup at a time. All this should whisked properly. Spread the frosting evenly on the cooled cake and enjoy!