Table of Contents
Cranberry is an unusual crop native to American and Canadian territories in the early winters. They are also called large cranberry, American cranberry and bearberry. It’s not only used as a food but also has medicinal usage. These are grown commercially as cash crops, many a times in artificial ponds called cranberry bogs. The article provides many Cranberry recipes.
Here are some facts about cranberries:
- Cranberry is associated with thanksgiving and is a popular healthy food.
- They contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin K.
- They are low in calories.
- They act as great antioxidants.
- Its helps in treatment of kidney and bladder related health problems.
- Cranberries are heart smart: Cranberries have the same heart smart flavonoids as the grapes and wine. It thus helps fight cardiovascular diseases.
- Cranberries help relax the heart blood vessels and thus improve blood pressure.
- Cranberries make your smile brighter. They inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria. They help fight plaque, cavities and gum disease. There are toothpastes that are infused with cranberries.
8 Amazing Easy to Make Cranberries Recipes
1. Cranberry Juice.
Cranberry Juice is not just helpful with various health problems but also greatly helps maintain a good health.
Preparation time: 10 min.
Serve: 4 Serves.
Ingredients: 0.5kg ripe Cranberries (fresh or frozen)
1 liter Water
- The cranberries should be fresh and be washed properly with water. Drain them to shed extra water.
- Now take a large Pan. Put the cranberries and add water to it.
- Heat the pan with berries and bring it to a boil.
- Once there is a boil, reduce the heat and wait until the berries burst.
- Now take a strainer and put the hot water with berries into it. Strain the Juice through the fine strainer.
- Now you have your cranberry juice.
- Sugar can be added for taste.
- Reheat the juice until its almost boiling but don’t bring it to a boil.
- Pour it into jars and let it cool.
2. Cranberry Smoothie
Recipe: Cranberry Smoothie
In this smoothie we chose Ginger to add a spicy flavor. For traditional flavor we add orange and pear. This smoothie provides a good amount of Vitamin C and antioxidants, as well as magnesium, Zinc and healthy Omega 3 fatty acids from the Pumpkin seeds.
Ingredients: 1/2kilograms of cranberries
1 orange (peeled)
3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 cup ice
1 Peer chopped
½ inch ginger
1 cup water
Now take all the ingredients and blend it until smooth and uniform consistency. Serve it fresh, right away.
3. Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry sauce is a must have at homes to add to your taste of your daily meal. It can be used in a variety ways like jam, can be an addition to your whipped cream for shakes and cake icings, glaze for poultry and meats and to flavor your plain yogurt.
Ingredients: 350 gms of Cranberries
1 cup orange juice
1 cup sugar
- In a medium size saucepan put the orange juice and put it on medium heat.
- Add sugar and dissolve it in the orange juice.
- Now add the cranberries and wait till the cranberries start to pop. Keep stirring. This would take about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place sauce in a bowl.
- Let it cool and the sauce will thicken.
Your Cranberry sauce is good to go!
4. Crustless Cranberry pie
It’s a super easy, delicious dessert that will taste great with vanilla ice cream. A perfect recipe for house dinners.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Ready in: 55 minutes.
Ingredients: 1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
2 Cups cranberries
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon almond extract
½ cup melted butter
- Preheat the microwave at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease one 9 inch pie pan.
- Combine the sugar, salt and sugar.
- Stir in the cranberries and also the walnuts. Toss to coat.
- Now add the almond extract, butter. and eggs.
- Now mix it well and spread the batter in the pan.
- Bake it till 40 min or until the time when you insert a wooden pic in the center and it comes out clean
- Serve it hot with ice cream or whipped cream.
5. Cranberry Oatmeal.
For the healthy breakfast eaters, cranberry oatmeal is a great option to make your healthy eating habit a bit tastier. Adding to your weight loss regime.
The ingredients are:
1 cup water
1 apple, cored and diced.
½ cup fresh cranberries
1 cup quick eating oats.
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 pinch salt
- In a bowl, combine water, cranberries, and apple together.
- Put it on stove and bring it to a boil.
- Cook the mixture till the apples become tender and cranberries burst. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Then add oats and stir well. Here reduce heat to medium.
- Add brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon powder. Keep stirring.
- Cook continuously until oatmeal thickens, 2-3 minutes. Top oatmeal with walnuts.
6. Cranberry muffins
Cranberry muffin is one of the best recipes, easy to make and loved by all. It’s an all time favorite for kids and adults.
2 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
2/3 cup milk
¼ cup melted butter
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, stir well and whisk.
- Add cranberries and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, vanilla, milk, and egg. Mix properly.
- Add this to the flour mixture and stir well to make an even consistency batter.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray and pour the batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes or until muffins spring back.
- Ready to eat muffins.
7. Cranberry vinegar
Cranberry vinegar is an intense flavor.
Preparation: 10 min + standing.
Ingredients: 6 cups white wine vinegar
350 grams cranberry (frozen)
3 medium oranges sectioned and chopped.
- Take a large saucepan, heat vinegar to just below the boiling point.
- Take another large bowl and mesh cranberries and oranges.
- Add heated vinegar, cover and let stand in a cool dark place for 10 days.
- Strain mixture through a cheesecloth and discard pulp. Pour into sterilized jars or decorative bottles.
8. Cranberry Jelly
Ingredients: 4 cups of cranberries (frozen)
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Take a saucepan, preferably large and put the cranberries in it.
- Add orange juice
- Add Sugar and the coriander, a pinch of salt and water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat
- Stirr continuously until berries burst. This will take 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to blender and make a puree out of it.
- pass it through sieve and refrigerate it for 3 hours at least.
- Your jelly is all set to be served.
So, what are you waiting for? Start trying the dishes and do tell us how they come out.