Table of Contents
Very few can resist falling in love with the beautiful fragrance of cinnamon. It brings the right amount of spice and sweetness to any recipe it is added to. And so, it is found in many recipes all across the world. Cinnamon not only gives an irresistible aroma and is the perfect addition to a variety of desserts and drinks, but also has excellent health benefits. It is loaded with high amount of antioxidants, it protects the body against illness as it is antimicrobial and antiviral in nature. Moreover, it helps in fighting diabetes and can lower the risk of cancer as well. The article talks about 5 delicious cinnamon recipes.
For these and so many more reasons, we present to you a few mouth-watering and simple recipes where you can play around with this yummy spice and fulfill your sweet cravings!
5 Delicious Cinnamon Recipes
1. Cinnamon roll:
- 1 cup of milk (warm)
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsps of unsalted butter
- 4 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 ¼ cup yeast
- 1 tsp salt
Roll filling –
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 ½ tbsps of cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ tbsp of vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cup of powdered sugar
- For preparation of dough – mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt together until it becomes smooth and even.
- Then heat the butter, milk and water together in the microwave until the butter has fully melted.
- Now merge the flour mixture with the butter mixture and stir it well.
- Add the eggs to the dough and knead it by hand or using a mixer for a few minutes until the dough loses its stickiness. Put it in a greased bowl and keep it aside for about 5 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 degrees and switch it off after 10 minutes.
- To prepare the filling – Spread the dough with a rolling pin into a large rectangle shape. Apply softened butter on it. Mix cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle this mixture all across the dough. Then roll up the dough and cut it evenly into pieces of large size. Place these pieces nicely onto a slightly greased 9-inch pan and gently cover it with a plastic wrap or an aluminium foil.
- Insert the cinnamon rolls in the oven, remove the foil or plastic wrap and keep them in the oven for 20 minutes at 375F. Allow the rolls to bake until their colour turns golden. Then remove them and add the layer of frosting on them.
- To prepare the frosting – Make a mixture of powdered sugar, vanilla essence and milk, mix it well until it has no lumps left.
- Spread the frosting over the fresh rolls.
2. Apple Cinnamon Pancake :
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsps of sugar
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 ½ tbsp of vinegar
Apple Topping –
- 2 tbsps of brown sugar
- 2 tbsps butter
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 chopped and peeled apples
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- Preheat the frypan on medium-high heat.
- Mix milk and vinegar together and let it rest aside for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and whisk it well.
- Add egg and oil into the milk mixture and then beat this mixture nicely. Now combine both the mixtures and stir it until it is smooth.
- Pour the pancake batter on to the pan and let it cook for about 2 minutes. When the edges appear to be dry and bubbles have surfaced, flip the pancake using a spatula. And then let the other side get cooked for about a few minutes on medium heat. Repeat the same technique with the rest of the batter.
- For the topping, add butter, brown sugar, apples, sugar and cinnamon to a saucepan. Stir it gently for around 5 minutes on medium heat until the apples become tender.
- Arrange the apple topping over fresh pancakes.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup of unsalted butter
- ½ tbsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2/3rd cup of sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg
- Extra sugar and cinnamon powder for coating
- Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves together and beat it properly. Leave it aside for a while.
- Next, whisk the butter and sugar together and then put it in a mixer on medium speed for about 5 minutes, until it becomes creamy and light. After that, add honey, vanilla extract and egg to it and mix it for 1 minute until all of it gets merged well.
- Combine the flour mixture with the butter and sugar mixture and stir the dough nicely until it is smooth enough.
- Divide the dough into logs in equal measurements and wrap it in plastic. Fold the dough into logs of about 2-inch in diameter. Put the logs on pieces of plastic wrap and then cover them from all sides. Smoothen out the logs and then put it in the freezer for at least 2 hours. It is preferable to keep it in the freezer overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Prepare two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- To make cinnamon sugar : Add some cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl, with your preferred proportions.
- Cut the dough in tiny round shapes and press each piece into the cinnamon sugar. Keep the sugar side up and place the rounds with some gap in between, while baking.
- Bake the dough at 350F for about 10-15 minutes until the colour turns out to be golden-brown. Keep a tab on them while they are in the oven, as they can get easily burnt.
- Once they’re baked, allow them to cool on the plate for a minute and thenshift them on to the cooling rack.
- Enjoy the sumptuous and crispy cookies after they’ve cooled down completely.
4. Cinnamon Chips :
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 8-10 10” flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- First preheat the oven to 350F.
- Then take sugar and cinnamon and mix it nicely in a bowl.
- Take one tortilla at a time and spray both sides of it with the cooking spray. Then gently put it in the bowl with cinnamon and sugar. Make sure both sides of the tortilla are covered in the cinnamon & sugar mix.
- Put together 2 or3 sugar-coated tortillas and cut them with a knife in the shape of 12 wedges each. Do the same with the rest of the lot.
- Place the wedges as one large layer on several baking sheets and put them in the oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes. When they turn golden, remove them and let them cool down for another 15 minutes. The cinnamon chips can be broiled for making them extra crispy, if desired.
5. Cinnamon cake :
For Cake :
- 1 ¾ all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 tsps of baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ yogurt (plain)
- 12 tbsps unsalted (softened)
- 4 apples, peeled and sliced into wedges
For Topping :
- 2 tbsps granulated sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsps butter (soft)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease the pie plate with butter.
- In a big bowl, mix butter, sugar and salt and beat it until it is creamy. Then whisk eggs in this mixture, add yogurt and applesauce to it afterwards.
- Next, add baking powder, flour and cinnamon to the bowl and stir it nicely until all the components have blended well. Pour this batter in the plate and smoothen out the top.
- Arrange the apples over the batter and spread some softened butter on top of the apples.
- For the topping, mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it over the apples.
- Put it in the oven and allow it to bake for about 40 to 45 minutes. When the edges turn golden, the apples have softened and the centre is perfectly in place, then remove it and move it to the wire rack for cooling. Allow it to cool for 20 minutes.
These recipes are lovingly hand picked for all cinnamon lovers who want to try something new with this spice. Hope you enjoy making them and pampering yourself with guilt-free cravings!