How do you select the best insurance plan? Some plans boast of a comprehensive cover while others highlight their cheaper premiums. Some plans provide unique benefits while others have great discounts.
Which plan, among such features, is the best? How should you buy the perfect policy for your needs? A difficult question, isn’t it?
A researched list of top 10 websites that people trust to buy health insurance.
(Please note: We are not recommending any of these websites)
- 121Policy.com – 121Policy.com is a great platform for users who are only looking for health insurance. It is one of those portals that only caters to health insurance customers and has a dedicated claim settlement department. Their customer service team is also helpful and tries to resolve issues as soon as possible. It is owned by Ideal Insurance Brokers Pvt. Ltd and their head office is located in Kolkata.
- Coverfox – This portal is owned by Coverfox Insurance Broking Pvt Ltd, Pune. It provides geo-mapped hospital network list to check if ‘cashless treatment facility’ is available at the hospitals located in the area (these search results are provided based on the PIN Code). There are several other useful filters like Copay criteria, Room Rent Limit etc.
- PolicyBazaar – PolicyBazaar is the leading and the most popular fintech company in the online insurance sector. Started in 2008, it’s parent company is Etechaces Marketing and Consulting Private Limited in Gurgaon. The company is also eyeing to open an IPO in 2018, thanks to their steady growth in recent years.
- PolicyX – This is a different kind of platform which allows customers to buy policy online as well as from their POS (Point of Service) in offline mode. Based in Gurgaon, this portal is started by Navin Goel in 2013. PolicyX is bootstrapped and haven’t received any external funding until 2016.
- PolicyBachat – CEO Srinu Kalyan started Deztination Insurance Solutions Pvt. Ltd with aim to provide better quotes and deals for customers. They believe that “Insurance is needed, but overpaying isn’t!” They are known to educate customers in the best way so that they are knowledgeable enough to identify, compare and buy health insurance.
- EasyPolicy – Hailing from a family of traditional insurance brokerage businesses, Neeraj Aggarawala discovered the potential of starting an online platform in 2011. According to a study, only 4% of Indians buy a health policy and 2% of them buy it online. It also has its own claim settlement department and help the customers to settle claims.
- RenewBuy – RenewBuy.com, an online insurance aggregator and broking firm, concentrate its business mostly in South India. Founded in 2015 by Balachander Sekhar and Indraneel Chatterjee, both of them had insurance industry experience of 15-16 years. Renewbuy also focuses on hiring offline agents and is looking to hire 10,000 agents in Tamil Nadu in the next two years as part of expansion in the south.
- GIBL.in – To eradicate the wrong information about insurance policies through an easy informative web & mobile app based procurement platform, Subir Mukherjee started GIBL in Kolkata in 2014. GIBL isn’t only an aggregator, but also a broking firm as licensed by IRDA.
- MyInsuranceClub – MyInsuranceClub is the flagship website of iGear Financial Services Pvt Ltd which was launched in late 2009. It is the first web aggregator to get IRDA approval, thus it unveils an entirely new avenue for others to follow. Presently, the website is facing a very stiff competition from other web aggregators.
- ComparePolicy – Established in the year 2015, Compare Policy has managed to reach out to a considerable number of customers across the country within a short span of time. The website has simple web interface and is slowly gaining trust of customers.